Miami Vice was a popular American television series that aired on NBC from 1984 to 1989. The show, which was created by Anthony Yerkovich, followed the lives of two undercover detectives, James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, who worked for the Miami-Dade Police Department's Organized Crime Bureau. The show was set in the 1980s and was known for its depiction of the flashy and glamorous lifestyle of Miami, as well as its use of cutting-edge technology, such as cell phones and computers, which was unusual for the time.
One of the defining features of Miami Vice was its use of music. The show's creators made use of a wide range of popular music, from rock and roll to pop and new wave, to create a distinct soundtrack for the series. This included songs from popular artists like Phil Collins, Glenn Frey, and Jan Hammer, whose music was used in the show's opening theme. The show also featured a diverse cast of characters, including the two main characters, Crockett and Tubbs, as well as their colleagues and the criminals they pursued. The performances of the actors, particularly Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as Crockett and Tubbs, were widely praised, and they helped to make the show a success. Miami Vice was also known for its stylish and flashy wardrobe, which included the iconic pastel colored suits worn by Crockett and Tubbs.
The show's fashion was a major influence on men's fashion in the 1980s and continues to be referenced in pop culture today. Miami Vice was a ratings success during its five-season run and it won several awards, including an Emmy for Outstanding Cinematography for a Series. The show has since been praised for its innovative storytelling, its use of music and fashion, and its depiction of the culture of Miami. Its impact on popular culture can still be seen today, and it continues to be a beloved show by many.
In conclusion, Miami Vice was a popular and influential American television series that aired from 1984 to 1989. The show was known for its depiction of the flashy and glamorous lifestyle of Miami, its use of cutting-edge technology, its iconic music and fashion and its diverse cast of characters. The show continues to be remembered and loved by many and its legacy lives on in the pop culture.
10 best quotes:
- "I'm a cop, not a criminal" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm just a puppet on a string, Trudy. I've been pulled by forces way beyond anything you could comprehend" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I got a bad feeling about this, man" - Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs
- "Sometimes it's hard to separate the good guys from the bad" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm the kinda guy who likes to know who he's working for. I like to know who I'm working against" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm not sure I'm the kind of friend you want to have" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm not into politics, I'm into survival" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm not a criminal, I'm a criminal investigator" - James "Sonny" Crockett
- "I'm not in the business of making friends, I'm in the business of making cases" - Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs
- "Sometimes you got to do what you don't want to do to get what you want" - James "Sonny" Crockett